Middle Section – Clubs (2017-18)
- Nature club (Samriddhi) – Samriddhi emphasises on inculcating the spirit of hygiene and cleanliness in the students as well as to sensitize them about the importance of a clean and green environment. The club conducts several programmes / activities like tree plantation , maintaining a vermicompost pit to dispose the organic waste, cleaning drives of E-waste and organic waste within the school campus and in the surrounding areas throughout the year. The students also showcase their creativity by creating ‘Best out of waste’. Students are engaged in vertical or container gardening as natural gardening space is very limited with this they learn to nurture plants and cherish the value of greenery.
- Interact Club – The Interact club aims to serve society by creating awareness in young minds about the importance of ‘service above self ‘. We engender feelings of compassion and love in our students by making them participate in an array of activities like giving after school assistance to underprivileged children, empowering women by providing them with vocational training , visiting old age homes and orphanages, actively participating in Daan Utsav (India’s festival of giving) and conducting Cambiar (an event which aspires to bring change through sharing and togetherness).
- Spic Macay (Heritage club) – The Heritage Club was initiated in the year 2010 for the student of middle section with the purpose of creating awareness presenting and promoting our varied and rich ancient culture and tradition among the young learners. The activities poster making, book mark making, album on ancient Heritage building, Mask making, watching movie on classical dance and painting help to familiarize students with the ancient Indian text.
- CREATIVE DANCE: –
FootLoose: – Dance is a form of expression of the body language. In Western Dance the students are encouraged to do so freely and spontaneously. The students are taught different forms of dance like Hip-Hop, Jazz, Contemporary, Ballroom styles and sometimes even Bollywood, thereby enabling the students to dance to any kind of music. Keeping the fun element alive, students are taught the theory and grammar of dance so that they know what they are learning and also have the technique to execute it. The goal is to create passionate dancers who perform this creative art with joy.
Taalim: – ‘Taalim’, as the name suggests indicates training. The ‘Taalim’ club inspires the students to explore the world of dance through various dance forms. It encourages every student to enjoy and learn dance wholeheartedly and instil a sense of rhythm in them.
- MUSIC APPRECIATION : –
The ‘A-choired listening’ club, as the name suggests, deals with two things simultaneously — listening and singing. We will be spending time doing deep critical analyses of music through the ages. One of our vehicles for doing the same will be choral singing, where we will, depending on the topic, mimic all the layers of the songs with just vocals. In a world where more and more musicians are becoming creative entrepreneurs, doing much more than simply making music — the students will gain some indispensable skills that will help them on their journey in being a musician of the 21st century. If their paths are not musically inclined, having a deep and clear understanding of music as an art could help them on their journey to be great musicians and/or art critics of the future.
- Aalap (Vocal Music) – In this club, students learn about “Hindustani Classical Music”. Different that’s, ragas and their nature are taught to the children. A brief knowledge of different Indian Classical instruments like tanpura, table, sitar, sarod, veena etc is given. Students are trained in such a way so that they develop performing skills.
- QUIZ (Metis) – Intends to empower the students with knowledge , create interest &arouse their curiosity so that they feel eager to collect information related to different fields & aspects of life.
- Skating (Fun on Wheels) – Roller skating is the perfect way to combine with fun. It helps people develop a fitness habit with a sport that’s enjoyable for all ages.
- Theatre Club (Marionettes) – In this club the students are not meant to be made actors but they are able to reflect upon themselves and give meaning to their experiences. Theatre is an effective tool to educate the masses in an entertaining way. “Humanity” in the modern world is fast eroding and this can somewhat be preserved if one is inclined towards this art. The students become more confident and creative as they showcase their talents. They also become sensitive to social issues and contribute a lot to the betterment of the society as a whole.
- Speech & Elocution (Expressions club) – Students in this club are trained to speak eloquently and recite poems, understand the technicalities of elocution, learn to do an extempore. This training is mainly given to instil a sense of self confidence and fluency in speech.
- Fine Arts (Easel Club) – Art helps to nurture the imaginative mind of the students. Art lessons also help to enhance their creativity. New printing techniques and various art forms, different kinds of crafts work will help develop their imaginative and creative skills.
- Guitar (Common Ground) – In this club the students learn about building musical appreciation through listening different kind of music and also learning how to play them on the instrument. 1. Early musical training develops brain areas which help in improving language and reasoning. 2. Music study develops skills that are necessary in the
- Keyboard (Piano Forte) – Musical knowledge is needed to appreciate to all kinds of music, also to read and play music with both hand coordination. 1. Piano lessons are a fundamental way to gain a broad appreciation in music. 2. A piano student learns to read two lines of music; use both ears, arms and all ten fingers simultaneously with the brain.
- Drums : – Since ancient times, drums have been used as one of the most efficient methods of communication. From the ancient tribes, who used to communicate with the other tribes using drums, to modern day music, where drums are the primary instruments that dictate thousands of people to tap their feet, drums have remained the source of life for music. Being a drummer, therefore, is always so much fun. The drummer can set the groove. The drummer can create the pulse. The drummer can control the time. The drummers at our school are, therefore,
having a blast.
- Scrabble (Wordsmiths) – Girls play Scrabble. They get to learn new words and also learn the meaning of those new words. It helps to improve their vocabulary
- Readers & Writers Club (English, Begali, Hindi) / Creative Writing
(Scribes) – Students are encouraged to think, to imagine and to fanaticise and to pen it all down. Movie clippings are shown, books and movies are discussed. They write stories, review books and films. They also write imaginary dialogues between their favourite fictional characters. Ideas are discussed, themes are given and they write poems, slogans and also make colourful posters in their mother tongue as well as in English.
- Robotics – Robotics deal with the design, construction, operation and use of robots as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback and information processing. Students designed circuits on object counter, sound level indicator etc.
- Science club (Aura) – To understand the basic principles of physics / chemistry / biology. Experiments are conducted in class, both by students and teachers. Theory of each experiment is also explained.
- Guides Club –
The children learn different kind of exercises, foot drill and making a variety of knots. They come to know rules regarding patrol flag and hand whistle signs. They also learn to make fire, cook, pitch a tent, as well as use wood for making craft items. They are taken to camps where they take care of their basic needs and learn to tackle emergency situations. The motto is ‘Be Prepared’, and the training makes them independent as well as helpful and compassionate human beings.
- Photography (Chiaroscuro) – Students learn how to capture situation to give it a meaning. Technical use of camera and editing and post-processing of photography are also done.
- Chess – The students are taught the golden rules of opening in chess. They learn about the various tactical moves to improve their tactics.
- Karate Kids : –
We lay emphasis on sports karate, teaching the children attack and defence, which include knowledge and practice of punching, kicking, knee strikes, elbow strikes and open-hand techniques such as knife-hands, spear-hands, and palm-heel strikes. They also learn grappling, throws, joint locks, restraints, and vital-point strikes are also taught. For self defence we have to prepare our mind and body both. Our children are trained to participate in district and state level competitions. They are also given a brief historical background of the martial art form, as well as details on gold awardees . Senior students are introduced to kalaripayattu, an ancient martial art from from Kerala.
- Soccer – students are taught the rules, regulations and techniques of the game. They are given exercises in performing various skills to improve their fitness level
- Water Ballet (Mermaids) – swimming offers a bounty of benefits for dancers. it builds aerobic capacity , strengthens the upper and lower part of the body . A recent study showed that it reduces lower back pain. Other studies have also shown that swimming helps in stress reduction and increases stamina.
- Cookery (Bon Appetite) – children learn different recipes and practice non flame cooking like tri colour sandwiches, chocolate balls etc.
- Calligraphy (Kalligraphia) – It nurtures creativity in the students and helps to improve their handwriting. The calligraphy expert writes on the board and explains to the student how to write. The students copy and practice according to
- Taal – Tabla is a rhythmic language which helps to communicate. The club ‘Taal ‘ aims at training young students acquire a sense of rhythm accompanied by vocal and instrumental music. The learners are taught different ‘taals’ ‘ bols’ like “kaida “, “rela” which helps them to understand their usage in music.